Making tomato sauce:
- Cut up tomatoes and onions.
- Roast for 40 minutes or so in a 400˚ oven.
- Place in Dutch oven on stovetop with salt, pepper, garlic, basil, etc.
- Cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Blend with immersion blender until almost smooth.
- Stir and leave heat on low.
- Fix and eat supper, play with dog, practice music, watch TV, check emails, etc.
- Jump up 3 hours after step 6 and say, “Oh shit, the tomato sauce!!”
- Dash into kitchen, turn off burner, stir and taste.
- Say to no one in particular, “Damn, that’s pretty good.”